Last Updated: May 12, 2020
The Website is not intended for children (those aged 16 and under), and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. Children under the age of 16 must provide opt in consent, with a parent or guardian consenting for children under 13.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
As of January 1, 2020, California residents have the following additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (starting with Civil Code Section 1798.100):
- You have the right to request information about our disclosure for business purposes of your Personal Information to third parties.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties. The Escondido Auto Park does not sell Personal Information of California residents to third parties. However, as set forth herein, the Escondido Auto Park is not responsible for the use of your Personal Information by third parties, including Dealerships.
- You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
Authorized Agent. If you use an authorized agent to exercise your California Privacy Rights, we will require your authorized agent to provide written proof that they have the authority to act on your behalf as well and may require you to verify your identity before we respond to the authorized agent’s request. Please note that an “authorized agent” has the meaning given to it in Chapter 20 of the California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations Section 999.326.
Verification of Requests. The Escondido Auto Park will need to verify your identity before it can respond to any request for information or deletion request provided above. The extent of verification needed from you will vary depending on the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information collected by the Dealership, the risk of harm to the consumer, and whether the request seeks to obtain Personal Information or delete Personal Information. The verification process may require you to identify a certain amount of your Personally Identifiable Information in order to verify your identity.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The categories of Personal Information that we have used, transferred, exchanged, or disclosed including servicing your account and providing you customer service during the past 12 months includes the Personal Information you provided to us via our Website using email and online forms.
The CCPA provides certain rights for California consumers. If you are a consumer residing in California, you may ask us about the information we release to other organizations for their business and commercial purposes, as detailed below.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
The Escondido Auto Park will never use your data for anything beyond the reason stated and the permissions you grant us, to alter the emails which you receive from Dealerships, including unsubscribing from all email communications, please follow the links on any email communication you receive or contact the individual Dealership(s).
The purpose of Escondido Auto Park’s collection of Personal Information is for Commercial Purposes (defined in the CCPA as “a means to advance a person’s commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, rent, lease, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, goods, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction), customer service, website content personalization, system administration, technology management (including optimizing our websites and applications), information security and cybersecurity purposes, including detecting threats and our Everyday Business Purposes.
“Everyday Business Purposes” encompasses the Business Purposes (as defined in the CCPA) and following related purposes for which personal information may be used:
- To provide the information, product or service requested by the individual or as reasonably expected given the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
- For identity and credit management, including identity verification and authentication, system and technology administration.
- To protect the security and integrity of systems, networks, applications, and data, including detecting, analyzing and resolving security threats.
- For fraud detection and prevention.
- For legal and regulatory compliance.
- For corporate audit, analysis and reporting.
- To enforce our contracts and to protect against injury, theft, legal liability, fraud or abuse, to protect people or property, including physical security programs.
- To de-identify the data or create aggregated datasets, such as for consolidating reporting, research or analytics.
- For corporate governance, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Change of Purpose.
If we need to use your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information.
Depending on how and why you provide us with your Personal Information. We may also share it in the following ways:
- if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the Website or its visitors.
- With our service providers. We will use third party service providers to undertake processing operations on our behalf, and this may require us to share your Personal Information with them. These service providers provide us with a variety of administrative, statistical, and technical services. We will only provide service providers with the minimum amount of Personal Information they need to fulfill the services we request, and we stipulate that they protect this information and do not use it for any other purpose. We take these relationships seriously and oblige all of our data processors to sign contracts with us that clearly set out their commitment to respecting individual rights, and their commitments to assisting us to help you exercise your rights as a data subject.
Links To Third Party Sites.
Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any information in these areas, especially any personally identifiable information.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirement.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
The Escondido Auto Park may store your Personal Information on secure servers either on our premises or in secure third-party data centers.
The Escondido Auto Park implements reasonable security measures to maintain the security of your Personal Information. Please understand, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information you transfer to us electronically is done at your own risk.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues. We may post a notice via our website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us, if at all, in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Access and Correction
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. To the extent we maintain any information about you, if you believe that information is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, please contact us to request that we correct, delete or amend your information.
If you have any questions concerning this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, you may contact us using the following methods:
If you are being contacted directly by one of our Dealerships, please contact that Dealership at the telephone number provided on the Escondido Auto Park website, or using the contact information provided by that individual Dealership.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.